Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 18...154 days to go!

This week I have started getting really anxious about knowing what we're having.  I'm ready to start planning and getting the house set up.  Just knowing that we could tell the sex of our little one at this time just makes me really want to know!
Also this week I ran into a girl who is due the same week I am.  She is really showing (she has a baby bump for sure).  When I saw her, I'm sure she thought that I was looking at her as "a deer in the headlights." My worry began.  All the thoughts of "am I still pregnant," "is our baby thriving as it should," "have I done something to hurt it," and even the thought of "am I even pregnant" all came to mind.
When I asked one of the OB nurses I know, she just laughed at me.  I guess it is silly, but I'm not a nurse and have certainly never been pregnant before.  She told me I was lucky that I wasn't showing too much yet.  I know in three months when I am HUGE, I may look back on this moment and laugh, but I'm not there yet.  She did say that she was used to crazy pregnant ladies, and that she was sure everything was fine, as I haven't experienced any bleeding and have gained some weight (although the weight at this point just makes me look fat...not that baby bump look..yet). 
I can't wait for my appointment on the 30th.  Four weeks between appointments is too long for me.  I am ready to see the heart beat again, learn the sex of our baby, and begin planning for the arrival! 


Here's what babycenter.com had to say this week about the little one!
"Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound."

4 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

I was actually thinking about you this morning. You don't have too much longer until you find out! I am excited to find out. And, I know you must be too excited and anxious! I can't wait!

Meredith said...

This next appointment can't come soon enough! I just want to know!

TeeTee Lynn said...

I completely understand all of the worrying and the desire to know the gender! I was convinced we were having a boy (no one else thought that), but it was just so great to finally know one way or the other. As for the worries, I'm afraid they don't necessarily go away, but I think maybe you become used to them a little bit. I am still having moments of panic, particularly when I see other women that are bigger than I am...but you just have to remind yourself that everyone's body deals with holding a baby differently, the position of the baby matters A LOT in how you look, etc, etc etc. I'm sure you are doing a great job taking care of your little one!

Kegan said...

Funny you say that. With this being my second and they say you show faster with your second (I am showing some) but people at church was asking how far I am and I told them 5 months they were like not you are not. So that kind of got me worried if the baby is getting enough to eat. But I can feel the baby move around and you should be getting there soon. I am ready to find out also. Once more week and two days. Let me tell I want to know. I was lucky with Logan to find out early, not with this one. What do you feel like you are having?