Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stuggling with Prenatal Vitamins

I was fortunate to receive some samples of prenatal vitamins when I found out I was pregnant.  The first vitamins I tried were Prenate Elite.  These vitamins I had zero trouble with, and they settled very well in the first trimester.  I changed vitamins right at the second trimester.  The last couple of weeks of my first trimester and the first couple of weeks in the second were my roughest times (so far, who knows what is to come) with...well...throwing up!  The vitamin I am taking now is Concept OB

The option of wasting the vitamins is out of the question.  I'll suffer through something before wasting the whole box!  One of my girl friends suggested, switching up my schedule.  Before, I took my vitamin in the morning.  Now, I am taking it before bed.  This seems to work much better, but I tend to forget about taking them more now! 

When Dr. Villers first spoke of prenatal vitamins, she would always say "take the one that you can hold down."  I really didn't know what she meant until I switched pills.  Now, it is all clear!!

3 comments:

TeeTee Lynn said...

I've had good luck with taking mine right after dinner. I keep them in the kitchen so I don't forget. Taking them on a full stomach seems to help! I hope your new schedule works out for you!

The Blanton's said...

Ugh I had the same problem. The fish oil just didn't settle with me. I ended up finding on that was a hard pill not a liquid filled pill. Taking at night helped too. Good luck!

Meredith said...

Thanks ladies for the encouraging words! After a meal at night is certainly workng better for me.
April, you are so right about the fish oil pill. I got one that is lemon flavored, and that seems to work well!