Thursday, April 8, 2010

Purses for Preemies: Support a GREAT cause!

When people ask me "where are you delivering?" I confidently say "MUSC!"

MUSC Women and Infant Services being attached to MUSC Children's Hospital is the main reason I am choosing to deliver at MUSC.  MUSC Children's Hospital has the ONLY Level 4 NNICU (neonatal ICU) in the Lowcountry.  If anything were to go wrong with our child during delivery, I would never be separated from my baby.

When going to March of Dimes event, I hear these horror stories of moms delivering their babies at other Charleston hospitals, and their child had complications.  Their child was airlifted or transported to MUSC Children's Hospital while the mom was left at the other hospital to recover.  Their husband rushes to MUSC Children's Hospital to be with the baby, and the mom is left wondering if everything is ok and is separated from her family.  This circumstance is the #1 reason why I am proud to say "I'm delivering at MUSC!!"

The cutting edge research MUSC does The March of Dimes helps fund it through research grants.  March of Dimes does fundraising events through out the year help "to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality."  MUSC Women and Infant Service and MUSC Children's Hospital are teaming up tomorrow to help raise funds for the March of Dimes in their 1st Annual Purses for Preemies Sale.  See the below flyer.  Come out and "Shop Til You Drop" for a wonderful cause.  I hear they have well over 1,000 purses!  Even Ayoka Lucas (local fashion expert) has "tweeted" and promoted the event! 

Here is a video of the parent ambassior for March of Dimes walk coming up on April 24th, 2010 in Cannon Park, downtown.  Maggie Thompson is now an employee of MUSC after her patient / family experience at MUSC.  After listening to her story, I know that I am delivering in the right place and for me, no other hospital in the Lowcoutry can compare (get your tissues out before watching)! 

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Look for a Vera for me. I would love a new one. lol....