Tuesday, August 3, 2010

33 Weeks....7 Weeks to go?


Babycenter.com's review of week 33: "This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."
As for me at week 33, I am really thirsty and am starting to see the signs of "kankles!"  Lovely!  I asked Nick about it last night, but he said didn't notice them (or did he?).  Also, this was the first week I went to the grocery store and had the typical "pickles and ice cream" in my cart.  I wondered why I was buying this stuff, but I know why.  Both are cold, and I'm always hot.  So, it makes perfect sense why women like these items!  Just like my slushies, these cravings are all centered around cold food! 

Another noticeable thing this week was clothing.  I certainly can't wear any clothes that I wore in my first trimester.  Nick helped me get into a top that I wore a lot in May.  Well, we got it zipped, but Nick wasn't going anywhere with me while I was wearing it!!  Let just say....it was TIGHT!  I've had to fold up the "little" maternity wear (if that's a such thing!).

3 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats, Meredith--- You're offically "THAT" adorable pregnant lady. :) I love the necklace too! I'm so happy to hear Tillman is losing his "alien" look. haha! Can't wait to meet him!!

Mary-Margaret said...

I definitely agree with Julie...You look so good, and I LOVE the necklace too! Can't believe you are 7 weeks away! I am too excited, and I know that you are!

Meredith said...

Thanks Ladies...My sister's coworker made the necklace. I don't wear it too often (its really big and heavy).
I can remember when I was 9 weeks thinking I had all the time in the world. Now I am on the opposite end and freaking out a little! We need all 7 of those weeks to get things done at the house. We have Childbirth class this weekend!!!