Thursday, August 26, 2010

Have you heard that song about the 21st of September?

This was a question I got asked this week.  I am pretty good with song lyrics, but I never know the names of songs.  When asked this question, I was completely stumped! 

I am beginning to learn a lot of significance for the 21st of September, Tillman's due date.  For locals, it is know as the anniversary of Hurricane Hugo.  For family, it is know as Nick's Grandfather's birthday.  To most other people, it is know as the first day of fall (or some one's birthday....I have heard more "that's my birthday" than anything!).

Tillman has a lot of pressure to be born on his actual due date! 

So, have you thought of the song?  You know this song....Earth, Wind and Fire- “September” (thanks Beth!)



Do you remember the 21st night of September?
Love was changing the minds of pretenders
While chasing the clouds away

Our hearts were ringing
In the key that our souls were singing
As we danced in the night,
Remember how the stars stole the night away

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

My thoughts are with you
Holding hands with your heart to see you
Only blue talk and love,

Remember how we knew love was here to stay
Now December found the love that we shared in September.
Only blue talk and love,
Remember the true love we share today

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - never was a cloudy day

Ba de ya - say do you remember
Ba de ya - dancing in September
Ba de ya - golden dreams were shiny days

3 comments:

Ali said...

I totally know that song, but had no idea that is what they said. I frequently make up my own words to songs.

Meredith said...

I know...me too! Glad Beth solved the mystery! I have been racking my brain to figure it out!

Mary said...

This is one of my all time favorite songs!!!