Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hospital Issued “Undies” Are All The Rage?

Who knew...but it is true!  Ever since I have been pregnant, moms have told me about these wonderful mesh type "undies" the hospital gives you after you give birth.  I finally broke down and asked the L&D nurse manager, who took me on the tour of the units in the videos, what these things were and what they look like.

Moms have given the advice of tell the nurse that you need a new pair every time you see her...they go on to say "you'll want to go home with a stock of these." These are one size fits all, "boy-short" style undies are the most comfortable thing (at that time), and I hear if you wash them right, you can get more than one wear out of them!

The wash trick is if you wash them in the sink by hand.  Then, take a towel and roll the undies up in the towel.  Ring the towel out, unroll the towel, and your undies are practically dry!

So, here's a snapshot of these things.


I wonder if Victoria's Secret knows about these?
Who knew?

4 comments:

Kegan said...

They are wonderful while in the hospital. You do not ruin your own. Also when you are able to deliver natural they give you an ice pack that fit in the undies.I loved them. They are perfect. Not the most attractive but who cares after you had a baby.......

Mary-Margaret said...

VERY SEXY! Seriously, they do look pretty comfortable!

TeeTee Lynn said...

I will agree with Kegan. The undies plus the ice pack are wonderful while you are in the hospital. Definitely not fashionable, but soooo worth it. :)

Meredith said...

Oh I heard about that ice pack too! We were told about those at our childbirth class. They also showed some cooling spray that works wonders too. I'm sure I'll be asking for all of these things!