Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tillman's 3 month abode


Master Tillman will be in a bassinet his first few months.  This is another "hand-me-down" from my friend, Jennifer, and her little girl, Susannah.  Tillman will be the third child to lay his head down in this precious thing.  Tillman's CiCi toned down the girly bows and frills on the bassinet for Tillman's "manhood."  She stitched brown trim (easy to remove...of course) at the bottom to cover the pink and put a green and brown sash around the top to match our master bedroom. 

We are thinking he will stay in our room for 3 months (on my side of the bed...Nick has made that clear :-).  This will avoid going up and down the stairs at night and offer the whole house a slower transition.  This was our plan to begin with, but now it is our only plan.  For those of you wondering about the nursery, well, there is no nursery yet.  As some of you know, I've had some furniture "drama."  We still don't have his crib or night stand for his room.  Some of the furniture was damaged in shipment, so they had to reorder.  We should already have all the pieces.  

Am I nervous about that?  Not really.  I'm more concerned about the rocker/glider we ordered that isn't in yet either.  I am sure going to need that before the other furniture. 

2 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...

Such a beautiful bassinet. Love the colors. Have a great week. Blessings,

Meredith said...

Country Mom-thanks for your comment! I am sure glad to have a bassinet before the big move to the crib!