Tuesday, August 31, 2010

37 weeks = Tillman is a "(full) term" baby!

Tillman is term is the theme of the day!  I am glad he has hung out this long.  Although there seems to be some discrepancy between babycenter.com and some folks regarding if Tillman is term or full term. My trusty source, babycenter.com says "your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away."
"If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz."

I don't have an outie-the shirt is just folded weird...

While "Term Tillman" is growing and measuring like a stalk of Swiss chard, I am still growing as well.  Here are some facts about Mrs. Pregnant in the Lowcountry.

-How big is the baby? Tillman's weight was guesstimated around 5lbs last Thursday.

-Weight gain? Ugh...32lbs. I read one of my post from the first trimester about how much is a healthy weight to gain, and it said 30lbs.  Well, I have passed that and still have 3 weeks to go!  Feeling pretty huge these days...especially my legs (not attractive).

-Stretch Marks? Not that I can tell...at least new ones...ugh puberty was not nice to me!

-Sleep? I sleep just fine with 4 pillows, and wake up at 12, 2 and 4 for potty breaks!

-Best moment of the week? A surprise baby shower at work last Friday!  Complete surprise!

-Food and cravings? Cold food...ice cream (Blue Bell Banana Split).

-Movement? Tillman is "tearing it up" in his happy place this week!  He has been super active.

-What I miss? SUSHI-I had a California roll this weekend...just not the same, but got me my fix.

-Belly Button? Just about flattened out.

-Looking forward to? Getting back into my normal clothes and successfully breastfeeding.

-Milestone? Tillman is full term!

5 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

You definitely look bigger than when I last saw you, but you still look SOOO good! Also, I love the caption under the photo!

Meredith said...

Thanks Mary-Margaret. I feel like I am getting bigger everyday! I think I am going to pack my bag this weekend!
Nick programmed you into his phone. Thanks for sending him a note!

Matt and Erin said...

You look great, Meredith!! I'm really close to having gained 30 pounds as well, and I'm two weeks behind you! I've definitely been craving cold foods (especially ice cream!), too! Yay for Tillman making it to "term" or "full term". Hang in there, girl! :)

Meredith said...

Erin, thanks for the encouragement. I am glad to hear we're about the same with lbs and cravings! It makes it seem normal! Hope you continue to do well!

Anonymous said...

Loads!