Friday, August 20, 2010

Follow Up Growth Scan Video & Yesterday's Appointment



The above video is from my 33 week follow up growth scan.  The results were very good, so we won't have to have another scan!

I had my 35 week check up yesterday.  At this appointment they tested me for Group Strep B (GSB) infection (GSB is not an STD) by a simple swab test.  Every pregnant women will be tested for this because this is an infection that can be transferred to the baby during delivery.  If the test is positive, then antibiotics can be taken.  Many women go symptom free who test positive.  To find out more about the test and GSB, click here.

At this appointment, I was also "checked" for the first time.  Ladies, that is totally unpleasant and uncomfortable!  Dr. Villers checked to see if my cervix was dilated and to see if any effacement has begun to occur.  As I stated earlier this week, I could wait another week to prepare for the rest of my life, so I am really hoping my progress will go slow.  Dr. Villers was also glad to hear this, as she will be out of town the week before my due date (but we have a back up plan if she isn't in town)!

From the "check," Dr. Villers said that my cervix is still completely closed (no dilation yet), and I'm about 50% effaced, but that is completely normal at 35 weeks. 

I have probably told you way more than you ever were interested in hearing about my personal exam, but oh well!  It is much easier to type these things than it is to tell people this in person.  I don't know why that is.  It is kind of like saying the word "sex" in front of my mother.  It isn't a big deal, but IT IS!!!!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Kegan said...

Glad to hear that you are progressing along. I go back on Monday @ 11:00 for them to check me again. So we will see what they say. 2 weeks tomorrow. I can not believe it.