Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tummy Tub

I got an email this week from my friend, Meghan, asking if I had ever heard of the Tummy Tub.  I haven't heard of this one before, so I Googled it.  It is a very interesting concept for calming and bathing a child.  It is supposed to replicate the womb and puts the baby in the natural fetal position.

Check out this demo video:


I asked Nick his opinion of it, and here is what he said...."It looks like an over priced and over sized piece of Tupperware." 

I personally think it is a neat concept and makes a lot of sense on why it would be calming for a child.  If I can't get Tillman to stop crying, don't think I won't put him in a make-shift Tummy Tub (a pot, Tupperware, anything I can get my hands on).  If it works, we'll place our order ASAP!

What are your thoughts?  Have you seen this before?

2 comments:

Britton said...

I came across this when on bedrest with my son Wilson last summer (had much free time on my laptop)! I had the same thoughts as your husband! Keep us posted if you decide to order one! Love your blog ... best of luck with the last few days.

Britton
"Only God knows how many apples are in each seed."

Meredith said...

Britton, thanks for commenting! I'll have to blog if we purchase one.