Thursday, August 12, 2010

Breastfeeding (a face to face chat with the expert)

I met with Jeanne Barreira, MUSC Lactation Consultant, to hear the "skinny" on breastfeeding.  She and I spoke for an hour, but the below clip is 10 minutes of our conversation. 

She was very helpful to answer my questions, dispel myths, and encourage me to breastfeed when Tillman arrives.  Breastfeeding is something I am really looking forward to doing.  I feel confident that the MUSC Lactation team will help me in anyway.  The biggest thing I learned is to ask questions and get help before giving up.  Breastfeeding isn't easy, at times it (could) hurts, but the bottom line is it is the best thing for our babies. 

I relate it to a workout after not working out for a year or for that matter, never working out before.  When you workout it hurts, it stinks, it is hard, but you've got to push through it to get in shape.  Once you get in your workout routine it is easy/easier.  No Pain No Gain...right?

Check out this video:

View this video on MUSChealth.com (click here)

If you are interested in learning more about breastfeeding, visit their website (click here) and view the links on the right side of the screen.

1 comment:

breast pump advocate said...

Informative video, answers lots of questions, solves myths which mothers will have about breastfeeding.