Friday, August 6, 2010

Tillman's follow up growth scan

I know I'm not following my own rules, as this is the second Friday, I'm not doing a fashion Friday post.  Honestly, the further I get in pregnancy the less "fashionable" I feel.  I'll think of something soon.

Yesterday we had the follow up growth scan on Tillman at MUSC Prenatal Wellness Center.  Things are looking much better.  In fact, we don't have to go back for another scan!  In short, the results are he has caught up in weight and abdominal growth!  He's still not at the ideal 50th percentile, but I think the 39th percentile is pretty darn close!


As the above picture shows his fetal weight is following with curve and his 33 week mark is much closer to the 50th percentile line than the 28 week marker.  The Abdominal Circumference graph has been plotted three times.  He got his first measurement at the anatomy scan when he was 20 weeks.  At that time, he was right on target at the 50th percentile, at 28 weeks he dropped to the 5th percentile line (middle marker on 5%tile line), and yesterday's measurement was back up around the 25th percentile.

Dr. Eugene Chang read our results.  The physician comments made were "a repeat ultrasound of this single intrauterine pregnancy was performed. The amniotic fluid volume was normal.  Today, interval growth is normal and the EFW is 4lbs. 9 ozs. in the 39th percentile." Biophysical Profile was 8/8 (fetal body movement (kick or anything) , fetal tone (fist clinch, arm curl, etc), fetal breathing movement (practice breathing for 20 seconds), amniotic fluid volume).

They also checked on the blood flow through the brain, umbilical cord, and heart.  All looked very well.  Tillman's heart rate was down from 155 bpm to 133bpm, but that is very normal.

We did get a few pictures of him yesterday.  As always, he had his face in the placenta and his hands in his face as well.  They tried to get a clear picture of him, but he wasn't having it! 

5 comments:

Mary-Margaret said...

Wow! He is really growing. I am glad to hear you got a good report! I know that makes you feel better too!

Meredith said...

It does make me feel a lot better! I can't believe he is just over 4 1/2 lbs! Maybe the ladies prediction this weekend was right...am I on track to having an 8 lb baby? Gosh, that would be a lot to handle!
They say to calculate 3 oz a day until the last month and then 9 ozs from there on out! I haven't done the math...it is too intimidating!

Mary-Margaret said...

Yeah. I don't think I would do the math either. 9 ounces a day seems like it is so much! You and Nick could have a big baby on your hands! Really, I would be surprised if he is big, but you never know.

Kegan said...

Just compare how much you weighed when you were born and how much Nick was. Tillman should be around the weight you and Nick were. Logan was 6lbs. 10oz. and Bryan and I were around 7lbs. and some odd oz. when we were born. They kept telling me when I was in labor I would more than likely have a 8lb baby. I knew there was no way. It is very hard to tell what Tillman will weigh. I am hoping for smaller than 8lbs. 6 to 7lbs would be wonderful.

My visit yesterday I gained 7lbs since my visit on the 7-20-10. They start checking me on 8-17-10 and see if I had dilated any. We will see if Lance will be ready anytime soon. Braxton Hix is really taking me for a loop. Some stop me in my tracks and my feet look like ballons....

Stay Cool!!!

Meredith said...

ok...after thinking about my comment. I think it is 3oz a week and 9 oz in the last month. A week sounds a lot better than a day.

Kegan, it sounds like cousin Lance is growing well. I hope he hangs out for a little while longer since you have 5 weeks to go. They'll be here before we know it.