Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't do this to a pregnant lady!

This is a completely random post.  I am sure that I am "preaching to the choir," but I feel it must be said. 

Don't tell a pregnant lady (especially someone you don't know) "Oh, when are the TWINS due?"  Really....do you want to be slapped?  As if I am not feeling pretty huge right now, a MAN has got to say something like that!  I was shocked and said "I'm not having TWINS...and HE is due the 21st!"

Don't tell a pregnant lady after you have been in her office for an hour that you have a BUG, you think it will turn into bronchitis, and that you have not gotten your prescription filled yet!!!  I have gone this entire pregnancy without a sickness, and don't need one in the last few weeks.  Do you not know that pregnant ladies are limited in the medicine they can take? 
P.S. on this one....I hope it is my paranoia, but I have been sneezing and sniffing this morning.  Dang!  It better not be!  I've Germ-Xed my office this morning.  If my keyboard stops working, I know it will be from all the hand sanitizer dripping into the keyboard controls.

These two things happened yesterday afternoon, but good things happen too.  Nick isn't a follower of the blog, and you won't see him comment; but he does read my post.  Here's his response to yesterday's post!

"Even though you might feel big, I think you are doing much better than you thought you would be at this time. If that makes any sense. I think you are going great. Look at it this way, your a** is flat. It could be sticking out as far as your stomach.
XOXO
By the way the couch is mine."
 
Nothing like a peep talk from the husband to keep the spirits high!

2 comments:

Kegan said...

At least a stranger asked if you are having twins. Bryan's grandmother has asked me if I was sure that I was not having twins b.c I look bigger now than when I was pregnant with Logan. But I have not had anyone tell me they were sick and been near me for a long amount of time. That was very nice of them. I think you have done very well. I have seen some that are big as beached whales and they could have prevented a lot of it. So hang in there!!!!

Meredith said...

People's comments amaze me!