Monday, August 9, 2010

Diaper Shopping...did I do ok?

This post is for all those money-savvy moms out there who buy diapers often....

Publix had a sale going this week with Pampers (a coupon in their ad).  I thought I should take advantage of the tax free weekend and this sale to purchase diapers.  I purchased size/stage 3 diapers.  Hopefully, that was a safe option since we're still not sure how big Tillman will be.

My purchase:
-Pampers mega refill of unscented wipes (216 count)- $6.99 (FREE with purchase of diapers)
-Pampers diapers size 3 value pack (116 count)-$29.99
-Pampers sensitive wipes (64 count)- $2.99 (FREE with purchase of diapers)
-Pampers diapers size 3 big pack (76 count)-$19.99
-Total before coupons-$59.96-

Coupons:
-2 coupons (one from this week's ad and the other from Publix baby club) for buy a diaper pack and get wipes for free (both coupons had differing terms thus the different counts above)
-2 $5 off a $25 purchase from Rite Aid (Publix competitor coupon)
-Vendor coupons of $1.75, $1.00 & $1.75

-After coupons-$35.47-

Is this a pretty good deal or could I have saved more?  What deals have you found on diapers?

2 comments:

Tommy, Erica, Addie Kate, and Andrew said...

I mentioned this to Tommy, as for the most part, he is the main grocery/necessity shopper in the family. Funny, huh? We mostly bought AK's diapers from Sam's - we used Huggies - and wipes from there too. Their wipes are my FAVORITE, but only one kind of them - they have two - can't remember which one I liked the best. Anyway, I could be WAAAAY off here, but seems a case of wipes (12 packs) was like $12-$15, so a dollar or a little more per pack. Wipes can be ridiculously expensive. I was PICKY with them, and disliked several cheap brands, but Sams I loved. Anyway, as for the diapers, Tommy seems to think you got a good deal on all that you bought. I seem to think you could do a little better at Sams. I tend to remember buying a case of diapers for $30-$40. Heather always used the Babies R Us coupons and bought her diapers from there. I hate that place and it's not super convenient for me either, so I didn't buy from there. One thing - the cheap diapers you may get from people were fine in the beginning (like a few months old) for us. You change them so often at the beginning that cheap ones work. We always bought name brand, but some generics were gifts, that I wasn't wasting. They usually aren't as soft though. Then, once they start crawling, we had to make sure to have good ones - that's when we went to Huggies over Pampers - you'll find what works for you too. Once AK started walking, I think we went to Sam's brand. I wasn't wild about them at first, but they ended up being fine. Just a thought. Basically I'm saying this, keep trying new brands - not much beats the Swaddlers on the front end though. Also, if you get a brand that you hate, send them to daycare and you use the good stuff!

Meredith said...

Thanks for the advice! We don't have a membership to one of the "big clubs," but it sounds like it may be worth it. You can't use coupons there...right?