Tuesday, August 17, 2010

5 weeks to go (35 weeks along)

I realize with this title I've just jinxed his arrival.  He'll probably come at 41 or 42 weeks (which is actually fine with me...I could use another week to get mentally prepared for the rest of my life).We learned at our childbirth education class the average pregnancy is around 41 weeks and a few days.
Here's what babycenter.com says about Tillman at 35 weeks: "Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."

So, I guess in return I'll be packing on the lbs as well for the next few weeks.  There are certain things that are getting snug.  I do find pieces of clothes that I have to put in the "little" materinity wear box.


When we were taking this picture, we looked out the window and saw this full rainbow.  Hopefully, that means we're going to have a great day!


No comments: