Tuesday, August 10, 2010

34 weeks

Here's babycenter.com's update: "Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies."

This weekend for us or should I say all day Saturday consisted of Childbirth Education Class (9AM-4PM).  ¡Ay, caramba! 

As far as the way I am feeling this week, it is much the same.  I do find myself wide awake at 5AM (7AM on the weekends...booo!).  That last for about 15 minutes, and then I want to go back to sleep...a deep sleep!  Also, I'm getting up more frequently through the night to "potty."  I heard in our class this weekend (and I've heard it from others) the potty breaks at night are preparing me to get up with Tillman for feedings. 

So, maybe I should have put one hand on the top
and another at the bottom...looking like a huge blob today!
One funny thing I've noticed is our dog, Graham.  He loves to lay on the hardwood floor to stay cool.  I just step over him when trying to get around him.  It isn't a problem, as he doesn't move (although I know he has always slept with one eye open).  However, he must notice that I've gained a few "lbs" because when I start walking towards him, he immediately get to his feet like he is about to play defence.  He wants nothing to do with me stepping over him (I guess he is scared of the potential consequences!).
Graham's "deer in the headlights look"
when I'm coming towards him!

3 comments:

Kegan said...

I thought you have a shower this weekend. Or am I wrong?

Meredith said...

I have a shower this Saturday. Last Saturday we were at the class.

Rachel Price said...

Graham is sooo cute!!